Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dreaming Creek Book Launch Party

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And a good time was had by all (especially me)...

...at my first official reading and signing of Dreaming Creek.



Over 30 people showed up for my reading. No one fell asleep (despite my best efforts). Some of them even bought the book afterward.

;-)






I did my best to forge my own signature (is that possible?). Well, I did my best to make it legible, anyway...
















My thanks to the fine folks at Givens Books in Lynchburg, VA, for their help making this great night possible. Also, many thanks to everyone who came out and made me feel like the king of the world (at least for a few hours).

















And last but not least, a super-sized thanks to Dena Harris, who drove over two hours to help me with the workshop before the signing. They don't make friends much better than that...

8 comments:

Aliette de Bodard said...

Wow, sounds like you had a very successful evening (not to mention a very good time).
Congrats, and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Gray Rinehart said...

Congrats, Ed! Looking forward to seeing you at the signing in Greensboro -- still December 5th, right?

Edmund R. Schubert said...

It was a great night. Hopefully we'll see more of the same in Greensboro -- yes, on Dec. 5th (7pm, Barnes & Noble).

Cathy Krizik said...

Congrats! I can "hear" the excitement in your voice. Revel in the moment. I bought your book from Amazon a week or so ago and will dive in soon enough. I wish you wild, unbridled success!

Edmund R. Schubert said...

So says one of the finest graphic designers I ever had the pleasure of working with...

Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I too wish you wild, unbridled success--and may it rub off on me.

So happy to have been there for the debut. Thanks for asking me to be a part of it. BTW, I want a copy of the thumbs up workshop picture for MY blog. (evil laugh...)

Edmund R. Schubert said...

I can arrange that. Seems like the very least I can do. Thanks again for everything (including putting up with my silly little prank. At least you got some tasty waffles out of it...)

Julie Wright said...

Ed, Congratulations! I know what I'll be putting on my amazon order. I am totally excited for you!